- Disney’s Riviera Resort, inspired by Europe and imagined by Disney, brings the elegance of a modern European retreat blended with a touch of old-world glamour and Disney charm to Walt Disney World Resort.
- The 15th Disney Vacation club resort is the first all-new, stand-alone Disney Vacation Club property at Walt Disney World since 2004.
- The deluxe resort offers approximately 300 family-friendly vacation homes, including deluxe studios, one- and two-bedroom villas, and grand villas that sleep up to 12 guests each. Disney Vacation Club continues to offer the widest range of accommodations found at Walt Disney World, and adding to these accommodations is an all-new room category at Disney’s Riviera Resort — Tower Studios, which sleep two guests. Each tower studio includes a private balcony with scenic views and seating for two, for an intimate, modern setting.
- Throughout the resort and inside the accommodations, a unique art collection celebrates beloved Disney characters and icons with one-of-a-kind pieces influenced by the works of master artists who also found inspiration along the European Riviera.
- Guests at Disney’s Riviera Resort have access to new way to travel to Epcot or on to Disney’s Hollywood Studios via Disney Skyliner, a state-of-the-art gondola system that began operating this fall.
- Disney’s Riviera Resort offers approximately 300 family-friendly vacation homes with accommodation options to fit an assortment of travel party needs.
- Disney’s Riviera Resort includes deluxe studios, one- and two-bedroom villas, grand villas that sleep up to 12 guests each, and a new accommodation, Tower Studios.
- A first for Disney Vacation Club, the Tower Studios sleep up to two Guests in an intimate, modern setting that includes a private balcony with scenic views. The Tower Studios are an intimate studio experience that maximizes efficiency, inclusive of a queen-sized bed housed in a built-in wall unit that is pulled down for sleeping and tucked away to reveal a comfortable lounge-worthy space. This elegant area includes a sofa, quaint writing nook, a beverage center and microwave, plentiful storage and a bright and modern bathroom.
Style, Artistry and Disney Touches
- At Disney’s Riviera Resort, guests are immersed in the sights, sounds and flavors of the European Riviera.
- The resort pays tribute to Walt and Lillian Disney’s amazing European travels, connecting Disney artistry and storytelling to Europe’s renowned art heritage and inspiration.
- On display throughout the resort are more than 40 signature art pieces created exclusively for Disney’s Riviera Resort.
- Drawing inspiration from the region’s art history, the art collection celebrates a unique blend of Disney characters and icons, European storytelling, and the fine art stylings of master artists who found inspiration along the Riviera during the late 19th and early 20th
The mosaic murals
- A walkway tunnel leading to a Disney Skyliner station at Disney’s Riviera Resort features two spectacular mosaic murals.
- One mural shows London at night, with Peter Pan, Wendy, Michael and John flying off to Neverland.
- The second mural depicts Rapunzel’s floating lantern scene from “Tangled.”
- More than 1 million hand-cut tiles were laid by hand to create this stunning work of art that rises 20 feet in the air and is joined at the ceiling by a shared mosaic sky.
- Both murals celebrate flight. Guests become part of the story via a Disney Skyliner station at Disney’s Riviera Resort, where they can step aboard and glide across the sky by aerial gondola to Epcot or Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Additional property details
- Throughout the resort and inside the accommodations, guests experience a variety of art including Disney concept art with European settings, posters of Disney films as released in Europe, prints of archival photography of Walt Disney’s travels throughout the region and books representing titles Walt Disney gathered on his journeys.
- The resort’s signature double “RR” monogram rises from the top of a magnificent cupola. During the evening, the “RR” monogram is especially visible thanks to its dramatic lighting.
- The architectural style is inspired by classic European designs and interpreted with modern elegance and a unique Disney flavor.
- The cascading water features at the lobby entrance are reminiscent of the sparkling blue waters along the Mediterranean coast.
- The interior of the lobby is a stylized design combining elements from both period influences and contemporary furnishings.
- The bold and colorful character art in the lobby introduces guests to the resort’s signature are collection enjoyed throughout the interior spaces.
- Voyageurs’ Lounge: Located next door to Le Petit Café, the artful gathering place for guests to relax features many representations of the titles of books and fables inspiring Walt Disney during his travels.
Mediterranean-inspired Pools and Leisure Activities
- The feature pool, Riviera Pool, offers lounge chairs and colorful sun umbrellas, with a winding stone turret slide. The 30-foot-tall tower turret houses a nearly two-story-tall corkscrew slide winding down into Riviera Pool. Containing nearly 105,000 gallons of water, Riviera Pool is a fun and a refreshing reprieve.
- For children, S’il Vous Play is a whimsical water play area with a fountain featuring beloved characters from the Disney film Fantasia. Drawing inspiration from the grand public fountains seen throughout Europe, it is the perfect place for little ones to splash and play.
- For a more serene poolside experience, the Beau Soleil leisure pool features a natural, lush-green wall surrounding the tranquil area, creating a semi-private pool experience. The area is perfect for enjoying the sun or resting beneath a shaded seating area among the palm trees.
- Guests can also enjoy leisure and exercise activities on the Bocce Ball lawn and in the Athletique Fitness center.
European-style Cuisine and Resort Merchandise
- Le Petit Café: A charming coffee bar inside the lobby offering pastries. During the evening it transforms into a chic wine bar. The name is inspired by the classic Disney film, The Aristocats.
- Topolino’s Terrace – Flavors of the Riviera: Providing guests with indoor dining or terrace dining, alfresco style. The views from the restaurant provide stunning vistas and glimpses of nearby nighttime spectaculars at Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The menu serves a selection of fresh meats and seafood, handmade pastas and decadent desserts infused with French and Italian flavors. The wine list is sourced from the Mediterranean coast. The restaurant’s name is taken from the Italian word for Mickey Mouse, “Topolino”.
- Guests can dine indoors and then step out onto the terrace for a grand view of the resort’s stunning vistas where they might catch glimpses of the nighttime spectaculars from nearby Epcot or Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Families looking to start their morning off with a fun breakfast experience can visit Topolino’s Terrace for Breakfast à la Art with Mickey & Friends – a prix-fixe Disney character dining experience that celebrates the creativity in all of us.
- Primo Piatto: A quick-service restaurant reminiscent of chic dining venues found along Riviera promenades.
- Bar Riva – pool bar: Adjacent to Primo Piatto – an open-air bar with a seaside vibe.
- La Boutique, the retail shop, provides Riviera Resort inspired gifts.